Hi I’m Catheine Barbe. I was born with Moebius Syndrome. As a child I quickly learned that being different could be used as a strength. I felt unique and had a strong desire to advocate and raise awareness for the syndrome. I began searching on the internet to better understand what Moebius was all about. I met a lot of amazing people along my journey. I’m very grateful to be a part of this beautiful Moebius community. I am now a child psychologist who specializes in motor and sensorial impairments as well as neurodevelopmental disorders. This career gives me the opportunity to support and advocate for children with special needs and their families. I’m very happy to be a MFOMS board member to be able to do the same for my community.
The Many Faces of Moebius Syndrome and I will be hosting quarterly zoom sessions to talk with our parents about Moebius Syndrome and other related issues. These are the sessions we are planning.
- Siblings and Moebius
- What to expect if my child is assessed for a neurodevelopmental condition
- How to prepare school integration
- Positive discipline to address difficult behaviors
- Self-esteem and self-acceptance, body positivity
- Talking to your child about his facial difference
- Socialization, social anxiety and expected social skills
- Neurodevelopmental conditions and Moebius (ASD. Intellectual impairment, ADHD)
We would like your feedback. Please fill out our brief survey and let us know what subject interests you the most.
Dr. Catherine Barbe, psychologist