Hello Moebius Community,
I am Andrea Smith, here with Kacie Nievesmassol, from the non-profit organization Many Faces of Moebius Syndrome (MFOMS).
It is that time of year again to spread the love within the Moebius community! The second annual MOEBIUS BLESSINGS kicks off now and runs through November 14, 2021. MOEBIUS BLESSINGS was created to show support to our Moebius families that may need a little extra help, due to hardships, through the holiday season. This year MFOMS will again be choosing five families for the campaign.
A family / parent can apply or be nominated for the gifts. All applicants and recipients will be kept confidential. The children must be 18 or under, or still in high school, and either have Moebius Syndrome or have a parent with Moebius Syndrome. There is a questionnaire and essay that must be submitted, along with the Moebius child’s photo (or parent’s photo), as well as all contact information, to be considered for the gifts. All submissions must be received by the end of the day on November 14, 2021. The Many Faces of Moebius Syndrome Board of Directors will determine the recipients based on the needs of the family.
Decisions will be made by November 17, 2021, and the chosen families will be contacted personally by a Many Faces of Moebius Syndrome Board Member.
If you celebrate Hanukkah, please specify so, and please apply as soon as possible. Hanukkah starts November 28th this year and is close to the deadline. It will also help us in wrapping the presents accordingly.
1) To be eligible you must live in the U.S and have a child with Moebius syndrome.
2) All applicants, or nominees, information will be kept confidential and will NOT be shared.
3) To be eligible: you must complete the application form and fill in all answers, as well as provide a brief essay about your Moebius child, and provide a recent photo.
4) Children between the ages of newborn to 18 years old, or still in high school, are eligible.
5) The names and ages of eligible siblings must be provided to MFOMS to receive gifts. This information will NOT be shared!
6) Application must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day on November 14, 2021.
1) No Cash will be distributed directly to the families.
2) $1,500 in gifts will be awarded and split between the families chosen. The monies will be equally divided, and gifts purchased, for the Moebius child and any siblings within the family. The gifts to be purchased will be determined through the questionnaire and a phone interview with the parent.
3) Gift cards to local grocery stores have been donated, as well as stockings, to be shipped with the gifts.
4) Click here to view our 2020 Moebius Blessings testimonials.