MOEBIUS BLESSINGS was created by Many Faces of Moebius Syndrome (MFOMS) to show support to our Moebius families that may need a little extra help, due to hardships, through the holiday season. This year MFOMS will again be choosing families for the campaign and will serve as many families as possible with the allotted budget.
A family/parent can apply or be nominated for the gift. All applicants and recipients will be kept confidential. The children must be 18 or under, or still in high school, and either have Moebius Syndrome or have a parent with Moebius Syndrome. A questionnaire and essay must be submitted, along with the Moebius child’s photo (or parent’s photo), as well as all contact information and references, to be considered for the gifts. All submissions must be received by November 17, 2023. The Many Faces of Moebius Syndrome Board Members will determine the recipients based on the needs of the family. Decisions will be made on November 18, 2023, and the chosen families will be contacted personally by a Many Faces of Moebius Syndrome Board Member.
If the family celebrates Hanukkah, please specify so, and please apply as soon as possible. Hanukkah starts December 7th, 2023, and is close to the deadline. It will also help MFOMS wrap the presents accordingly.
Moebius Blessings Requirements:
1) Eligible families must be a member of the Facebook group Moebius Friends Support Network (MFSN) or Moebius Friends (both MFOMS sponsored websites).
2) All applicants, or nominees, will be kept confidential and will NOT be shared with the Moebius community.
3) To be eligible: must complete form and fill in all answers, as well as provide a brief essay about the Moebius child/parent.
4) Children between the ages of newborn to 18 years old, or still in high school, are eligible.
5) The name, age and photo of the child/adult with Moebius must be provided to Many Faces of Moebius Syndrome. This photo will NOT be shared with the community.
6) The names and ages of eligible siblings must be provided to MFOMS in order to receive gifts. This information will NOT be shared with the community.
7) No Cash will be distributed directly to the family.
8) The allotted monies will be equally divided, and gifts purchased, for the Moebius child and any siblings within the family. The gifts to be purchased will be determined through the questionnaire and a phone interview with the parent.
9) All questionnaires must be completely filled out and returned to Many Faces of Moebius Syndrome by November 17, 2023, to Andrea@mfoms.org. Click on arrow to download pdf.
10) Members of the Many Faces of Moebius Syndrome board and their families are ineligible for gifts