As we reflect on 2021, we want to thank all our loyal supporters for an amazing year!
It is with your support that Many Faces of Moebius Syndrome (MFOMS) is able to provide many blessings for our community.
Here are some of the highlights from 2021 as a result of your kindness.
- Moebius Syndrome Awareness Day (MSAD) – Every year on January 24th we celebrate the Moebius Community globally by wearing purple. Persons wishing to host an MSAD party can request a party pack. These packs are provided free of charge and include items such as balloons, stickers, wristbands and other items to give away. Little is known about Moebius Syndrome and misinformation is frequently shared, making this day even more important to our community.
- New Parent Welcome Packages – Hearing the diagnosis of Moebius Syndrome can be terrifying to new parents. To help new families, during this overwhelming time, MFOMS reaches out to the parents with support by sending New Parent Welcome Packages. These packages offer support and connection to a community of families that share their challenges of the unknown. Welcome packages are sent worldwide at no cost to the new parents. Along with a welcome letter there is a Many Faces of Moebius Syndrome onesie for the newborn, a purple mother’s bracelet, 10 business cards with the MFOMS website to share with the doctors and other items to help raise awareness.
- Moebius Blessings – This program helps ease some of the stress and struggles that Moebius families experience during the holiday season. This year MFOMS sponsored our second Moebius Blessings in November. We were able to provide Christmas for 10 children from four different families. Our team personally shops and wraps gifts for the children. Also included with the gifts is a $75 gift card to purchase their holiday dinner. With your help we can continue to grow this program each year.
We ask that you consider MFOMs when making your end of year tax deductible donation. With your help MFOMS will continue to grow these programs and add new programs. There are several exciting projects in the works for 2022.
- Riders for Moebius – For the past 11 years in June, we host a poker run to raise awareness. This is our largest fundraiser to date. It continues to grow every year, putting funds back into the MFOMS community. Motorcyclists along with countless vehicles participate in a ride through the mountains of Colorado. Many people travel from other states to join in the event. It is with great excitement that in October of 2022 we are adding Riders for Moebius in Las Vegas, NV.
- Camp Moebius 2022 – MFOMS is very excited about our newest program that will be launching in August of 2022. Camp Moebius is a retreat for families and adults with Moebius Syndrome. We found Waycross Conference Center in Morgantown, IN to have the accessibility needed for members with mobility issues and medical needs. This will allow all members of our community to attend. This is a place for fellowship, building memories and making new friends within the community. Campers will experience hiking, swimming, bonfires, crafts and many other stimulating activities for children and adults. The average cost for a family of four is approximately $1,150 for 4 days/3nights at camp; this includes lodging, amenities and three meals a day.
We are still working through all of the details regarding the funds needed for this new program. This is where you can help, from sponsoring Camp Moebius t-shirts for the welcome packets, sponsorship for an adult or family with Moebius or a donation to help with the expenses of countless other items that are needed.
As an all volunteer organization, MFOMS could not accomplish all that we do without your generous donations and support. Everything helps, please go to our websites www.mfoms.org, www.msad.world, and click on the donate button. Your year-end tax-deductible gift will make a difference!
We would like to wish you and your family a very happy Holiday season and a Blessed New Year!